TOP TEN LIST
THE CHICAGO BAR ASSOCIATION
10. Why do some Illinois State Representatives tell me that in order to get legislative approval for any adoptee rights bill, and in particular HB 4623, (a bill to give some adopted adults their original birth certificate) it must first pass muster with the Chicago Bar Association?
9. Why does the Chicago Bar Association ALWAYS oppose the unconditional issuing of original birth certificates to adopted men and women?
8. Are you all adoptive parents?
7. What legal right, duty, or hold does the bar association have over adopted adults?
6. Are the members of the Chicago Bar Association smarter than members of adoptee rights organizations?
5. Does the Chicago Bar Association have more experience being adopted than members of adoptee rights organizations?
4. Is the bar association afraid that the legislators aren’t smart enough to present a bill that is legal?
3. Are you all birth mothers or birth fathers?
2. Why is the Chicago Bar Association special in the eyes of the lawmakers? Why did you get a heads up on the date and time of the Wednesday, March 13, 2008 hearing on HB 4623? Representative Sara Feigenholtz scheduled a hearing AND VOTE on HB 4623 but did not let the public know until just hours before the hearing was set, thus effectively preventing the public from expressing its opinions on this bill. Does she like you better than she likes me?
AND THE NUMBER ONE QUESTION FOR THE CHICAGO BAR ASSOCIATION IS
1. WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?